Summer days in the Ozarks often begin with a cool morning fog shrouding the hills and filling the mountain hollows. Then, "here comes the sun"!
*Summer Outdoors: When the afternoon heat comes on, it's time to take advantage of Branson's lakes, water parks, rivers, or forest walking trails. But don't be afraid of taking on the theme parks or amusement parks, even during the hottest part of the day-you'll find those parks artfully designed to keep you tree-shaded and even cooled off by fine water mists! Of course heat is a non-issue if you take to many of the water rides that leave you delightfully wet!
*Cool Tips for Hot Days: Swim at Moonshine Beach, rent a pontoon boat, go scuba diving, water-skiing, or para-sailing on Table Rock Lake -- rent a wave-runner or ski boat, take a sailing lesson, picnic on a deserted island, swim in a cove, or just stay back at the motel and tan by the pool!
*Indoor Fun: If you're one of those wanting to beat the heat entirely, you've come to the right place! Branson probably has more indoor fun and activities than anyplace in the USA! Over 100 live shows perform daily, morning, noon and night in luxurious, air-conditioned theaters!
Here's a chance to see some of the best live entertainment in America! Music shows feature country, variety, big band, swing, bluegrass, rock'n roll, rhythm & blues, jazz, and just about everything else! Stunning dance reviews, breathtaking costumes, special effects, side-splitting comedy, dazzling magic, feats of daring, acrobatics -- how's that for some indoor excitement?
There's more. Shoot some mini golf among scenic waterfalls -- indoors or outdoors! Or play all the latest games in fun-filled arcades and family amusement centers. And here's a good one: sip lemonade on your hotel balcony; where even on a hot afternoon, you're likely to catch a gentle mountain wind.
Not to worry: That afternoon summer heat breaks around dusk, and yes, it's comfortable enough then for a pleasant walk on a nature trail, or an on-deck stroll during your sunset lake cruise. But on that evening walk under the stars, bring a sweater if you're not quite ready for a soothing summer breeze!
Ideas for your Branson Summer Getaway!
- Take breakfast outside, where the birds are singing, the air is crisp, and the sunshine is only gently warm.
- Enjoy the outdoor beauty of an Ozarks morning with a round of golf in the hills, or by a mountain lake where the trout are biting, or with a walk in the trees, following the sound of a waterfall.
- Take in a live Branson show, morning, afternoon, or night! Whether its to beat the heat of the daytime sun, or it's to go out for an exciting night on the town, attending a spectacular Branson show is an experience of a lifetime - for any age, any fan, any church group!
- Go to a water park, an indoor water park (Splash Country) or an outdoor water park. (Splash Country outdoors!) Or just sit by the pool at your lodging and read a book, sipping iced tea or lemonade.
- Spend a day at a theme park. Enjoy the food, the live entertainment. Get wet on a water ride! Ride a roller coaster! Walk through the water mists to keep cool!
- Rent a pontoon boat for the day and picnic on an island. Take the group tubing or water-skiing, then re-group for an outdoor barbecue!
- Take a float trip on a scenic river, then pull up on a gravel bar for a swim, or a snack, or to just lay out in the sun!
- Lunch on a yacht or showboat, or just take a sightseeing cruise in the afternoon!
- When it gets too hot to suit you, take a tour of a cool, underground cavern!
- Explore the hills and take in the stunning views!
- Go out for a swim and relax in the shade of the trees at Moonshine Beach, on Table Rock Lake!
- Duck the sun and go see an afternoon show in a cool, state-of-the-art theater!
- Go play some indoor mini-golf when the sun burns brightest, and at night, come back for mini-golf and go-kart rides under the stars.
- Dine in a nice restaurant in the early evening.
- After a fun day in the sun, relax with a laugh, be dazzled and charmed, be serenaded with breathtaking music and eye-filling revues-you can do it all by choosing the perfect Branson show to fit your every mood!
- Then, if you refuse to go to bed, take a night cruise on the lake, stroll by the waterfront and be soothed by a gentle breeze, or ride the go-karts 'til the wee hours!
Branson Summer Calendar Highlights
n Veterans Events,
contact the Branson Veterans Task Force (417)337-VETS (8387) or visit
their website at www.bransonveterans.com
July 27 Korean War Armistice Day. Sept. 2 End of World War II Ceremony,
Sept. 11 Branson Remembers. Nov. 5-11 A Veterans' Homecoming, Nov. 9 9th Annual
Military Gala & Banquet, Nov.11 71st Veterans Day Parade, Dec. 7 National
Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day.
Kids' Fest: June 10-Aug 21 At Silver Dollar City Theme park.
Entertainment and activities all designed with kids in mind, plus the Veggie
Tales live stage show! www.silverdollarcity.com
Kids, Inc. National Finals: July 28-31 The heat is on for the American Kids
Cruise Aug. 11, Friday Burnout, Aug. 13 Remington parking lot
Sat. Aug 13 For info call 417-334-4191 Shepherd of the Hills
Branson Lights Automotive Festival: August 25-28 You might have seen them
when you were a kid, you've probably seen them in movies and on television, but
this may be your only chance to see them in person.
Annual Oldtime Fiddle Contest: August 27 A Downtown Branson Main Street
tradition. You have never heard fiddlin' until you have attended one of these
contests. Fiddlers from all over the country compete to win cash and prizes.